- Holland is the world’s 2nd largest exporter of agricultural products, after the USA. Together with the USA and France, Holland is one of the top 3 exporters of vegetables and fruit.
- The total value of Dutch agricultural exports was 75.4 billion euros in 2012.
- The Dutch agri-food industry contributes 52.5 billion euros of added value to Dutch GDP, and accounting for some 20% of Holland's total export value.
- The Netherlands is responsible for 22% of the world’s potato exports.
- The Netherlands has the second highest private R&D investment rate (as % of GDP) in agri-food in Europe.
- Holland is a global market leader in machinery for, for example, poultry and red meat processing, bakery and cheese production.
- Dutch agricultural entrepreneurs use efficient and sustainable production systems and processes, resulting in a productivity that is five times higher than the European average.
Source: Hollandtrade.com, Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Dutch Federation of Agricultural and Horticultural Organisations (LTO), Wageningen University and Research Centre (2012).